You have choices about whether you visit our Sites, install our Apps, or use our other Services. You also have choices with respect to what information you provide, however, if you do not provide us with certain information, you may not be able to use some parts of the Services.
1. How We Collect Information
Information You Provide.
You provide us with information about yourself when you use our Services, including when you:
- Register or log in to your Account
- Create, modify, or engage in a workflow
- Create or edit your User profile on the Services
- Contact customer support or our sales department
- Post content to publicly accessible areas
The information you provide includes, but is not limited to: name, position, email address, mailing address, phone number, billing information, work address, organizational structure, operational business data, business logic information, and user information relating to integrations with third parties (for example, API keys).
Your main choice for this type of information is simply not providing it, such as by not creating a profile or not leaving a comment in a publicly accessible area. For other choices you may have, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect information from you and your devices when you use our Services, even when you visit our Sites, download our Apps or use our other Services without logging in.
The information we automatically collect includes, but is not limited to:
- IP address
- Precise geolocation information (based on permissions from your mobile device or browser)
- Unique device identifiers and device attributes, like operating system, mobile phone or tablet model, and browser type
- Usage data, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used our Services, the frequency of your use of our Services, error logs, and other similar information
For choices you have with respect to information we collect automatically, including with respect to cookies and related technologies, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources.
We may collect information about you from others, such as:
- Third-Party Sources. Examples of third-party sources include marketers, partners, researchers, affiliates, and others where they are legally allowed to share your information with us. For example, if you register for our Services on another website, the website may provide your information to us.
- Ads for Other Products & Services. Third parties whose products or services are marketed on our Services may place or read from Cookies on your computer or other device to collect information. They do this to (i) tailor and serve advertising based on information like past visits to our Services and other sites; and (ii) report the number of ads served and the responses to those ads.
- Other Users. If you are a User, Customers or other Users may give us your information as part of your company’s implementation of our Services. For example, if a Customer or Authorized User wants you to be a participant in an automated workflow using our Services, he or she may give us information such as your name, position, email address and/or mobile number.
Combined, Aggregated and De-Identified Information.
2. Use of Information
In general, we collect, use and store or process your information to provide our Services, to fix and improve them, to develop new services, and to market our Services. Here are some examples of how we use the information we collect:
- Provide you with the services and products you request and collect payments
- Send you records of our relationship, including receipts, invoices, renewal notices, and service notifications
- Market our Services to you
- Record details about what happens with workflows, such as who participated in them, what actions they took and when, and where and how they took those actions
- Create and review data about Visitors, Customers, and Users and how they use our Services
- Test changes in our Services and develop new features and products
- Fix problems you may have with our Services, including answering support questions and resolving disputes
- Secure and protect the Services, Visitors, Customers and Users
- Prevent, investigate, and respond to: fraud, unauthorized access to or use of our Services, breaches of terms and policies, or other wrongful behavior
- Meet legal requirements
We normally collect or use information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the information to perform a Service for you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under “How to Contact Us” below.
3. Information Sharing
We share information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We share your information with other companies we use to support our Services. These companies provide services like payment processing, bill collection, fraud detection, analytics (as described above), and customer support. Our service providers promise to safeguard your personal information and are not permitted to use it for their own purposes.
- Business Transactions. We may share your information during a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of our assets. If a corporate transaction occurs, we will provide notification of any changes to control of your information, as well as choices you may have.
- Consent. We may share your information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent. For example, with your consent, we post user testimonials that may identify you.
Your information may also be shared as described below:
- Other Users. When you allow others to access, use, or edit content in your Account, we share that content with them.
- Public Information. When you post information in publicly accessible areas that information will be shared with anyone who has access to such areas.
- Your Employer or Organization. When you create an Account or User role with an email address assigned to you as an employee, contractor, or member of an organization, that organization will have control over that Account or role via its authorized Administrator. As a User you have no expectation of privacy with respect to your Account or role with respect to your organization.
4. Retention of Information
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we take reasonable measures to safeguard personally identifiable information and personal data and limit active use of it based on its sensitivity.
5. Your Choices
This section describes many of the actions you can take to change or limit the collection or use of your information.
- Profile. If you are a Visitor, you are not required to fill out a profile. If you do, you can access and review this information. If any information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can make changes in your account settings. If you are a User, certain information may be automatically populated to your profile, such as email address and name. Note that if you are a User under the Account of an organization, only the Authorized User of that organization can alter certain of your profile information.
- Marketing Messages. You can opt out of email marketing messages we send. You can opt out of these messages by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email message. Please note that we may send you one message to confirm you want to opt out. If you are a Customer or User of our Services, or if you have engaged in transactions with us, we may continue to send transactional or relationship messages (e.g., workflow related notifications, billing notifications, etc.) after you opt out of marketing messages.
- Cookies and Other Related Technology. You can choose to decline cookies through your browser settings. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
- To change how Google Analytics collects and uses your information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser by clicking here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
- To exercise choices for tailored advertising, please visit the following sites (please note that you may still receive advertising content, but it will not be tailored to you):
- Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Link (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/)
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/)
- TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices</a> ([http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/](http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/)
- Google Ad Settings (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated)
- For your mobile devices, please read your operating system’s instructions.
- We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
- Device and Usage Information. If you do not want us to see your device location, you can turn off location sharing on your device, change your device privacy settings, or decline to share location on your browser. Please see your own device and browser instructions on how to change your privacy settings.
- Closing Your Account. If you wish to close your Account, please go to your account settings. Note that if you are a User under the Account of an organization, only the Authorized User of that organization can alter your Account settings.
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed for and are not marketed to people under the age of 18 (“minors”). We do not knowingly collect or ask for information from minors. We do not knowingly allow minors to use our Services. If you are a minor, please do not use our Services or send us your information. We delete information that we learn is collected from a minor without verified parental consent. Please contact us at email@example.com if you believe we might have information from or about a minor.
7. California Residents’ Privacy
If you are a California resident, you may ask for a list of third parties that have received your information for direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list also contains the types of information shared. We provide this list at no cost. We do not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
8. Users From Outside the United States
By using our Services, you:
Note that the United States may have different and in some situations less protective privacy laws than your own country.
9. How We Protect Your Information
10. Changes to This Policy
11. How to Contact Us